Monday, 18 November 2013

Solent Rocks

So last week I got asked to shoot Solent Rocks - Battle of the bands, a live music event that takes place in aid of different charities.
It was really my first ever live music event to photograph so I was so nervous the day prior to the event as it's a genre of photography that I'd quite like to get into in the future.

I got to the Venue (The Brook) extra early so I could check out all the bands sound checking and get a feel for the event as I'd never been before.

Here are some of the photos I got from the event;


A list of the performing bands formed from law firms and accountants in the surrounding areas.





The Winning Group.

Considering this was the first time that I'd ever done anything like this and I was left to my own creative devices, I was quite pleased with some of the outcomes I achieved. I also really enjoyed the night as a whole and would recommend to anyone that wants to help out charities to attend next year event.

I hope this will be the first of many live music events I get to photograph as I continue through uni and out the other side as although my arms were in agony after 6 hours of shoots, I loved it!

✿✿✿

No comments:

Post a Comment