Sunday, 6 October 2013

A Perfect Day: Southampton Vintage Fair

Throughout the summer I've been obsessed with vintage. I decided that for my new room at uni I wanted to have vintage furniture and designs and so ever since then I've been looking for new additions for my room. 
As you walked through the doors you were hit by the musky smell of vintage clothes of which there was a lot of. The room filled with stalls selling vintage jewellery, accessories, clothing and home decor. It was full of people of all ages ranging from toddlers to grandparents which gave the atmosphere that extra buzz.
I didn't even know where to begin once in, confronted by so many stalls all appealing in their own right. We ended up starting with the jewellery, but with so much to choose from we were soon overwhelmed. There were necklaces with intricate designs and some more bold. Earrings with practically every design or pattern on you could imagine and enough broaches to fill the room. In the end though we ended up leaving those stalls empty handed as we were so stuck for choice. 

In the end I ended up taking a fancy to a LOT of bags for sale, I've become a lot more of a bagaholic over the past few months and I just couldn't help myself when I saw this beauty. 
Bag: Southampton Vintage Fair, £25

To finish of our day perfectly we headed over to 'Mabels Vintage Tea' Party to grab a slice of cake and a nice cuppa in the beautiful crockery they had.
Lou Lou's Vintage Fair returns to Southampton on November 2nd and also has dates in many other cities. If you're interested visit www.thevintagefair.com for more details. I'd definitely recommend a visit.

✿✿✿

No comments:

Post a Comment